Monday, September 19, 2011

How to Create a PLN: What I learned...

Wordle: UntitledI searched a few different sites to gets ideas on how to create a PLN.

The first site I visited is Live Binders-
  • I originally went to this site to see how to create a PLN using twitter. It was an interesting article because not only did if focus on using twitter as a teacher to create a PLN but also to help students connect with professionals in fields they find interesting. From this I found the PowerPoint article in the link. This PowerPoint gives suggestions of web-based tools to use to start a PLN. It also gives tips from others on how to participate in your newly developed PLN. 
The second site I visited is Educational Technology Guy-
  • This site is a great site for ideas of web-based tools to put into your PLN. He gives a ton of websites to visit and all are free!
The third site I visited is The Innovative Educator-
  • This site gives a basic understanding of PLN and how to create it using their five steps.

I think what I have learned from reading this articles is that there are so many free tools we can use as teachers to learn. In order to learn we have to participate. Every one of the articles discussed being an active participant in your PLN. Have a voice and be connected to those who are interested in the same things as you.



No comments:

Post a Comment