Monday, October 10, 2011

A Whole New Mind


First I have to say that I totally queue the soundtrack of Aladdin (i.e. A Whole New World) whenever I read this title. Which I guess kind of fits because this whole new mindset will basically equal a whole new world of doing things. Pink in his amazing book, discusses the Conceptual Age, which is mostly ruled by the idea of creativity. This conceptual age is going to be very different from the Left-Brained Information age. This new age will rely on empathy, emotion, and creativity (yay art!). This is going to be a huge shift in the way people function, because its no longer dependent on being able to apply theoretical information and knowledge.  Students need to be able to have the ability to problem solve creativity and have emotions base their decisions, The Conceptual Age is more personal in the sense that it will involve more of person’s own opinion and feelings (maybe even passion!) I love this idea of the Conceptual age because to me creativity is extremely important in making people individuals as well as productive citizens.







3 comments:

  1. Loving that picture!
    Also love the Whole New World reference. Have you seen Nick Pitera covering that song? If you haven't he sings both male and female parts. I'm blown away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-CS2v8wcc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, yay art! I'm excited that as an educator we get to teach and build right-brain skills in our students so that they can be successful in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Creativity is extremely important in making people...productive citizens". I'd love to hear more from you about your views on this!

    ReplyDelete