Monday, October 24, 2011

Letting My Passion flow..

'Pinterest' photo (c) 2011, Claudia Liliana - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
This week was about doing something that maybe gets pushed to the side during the week when all my time is consumed by school. I’m going to be honest; I had no clue what thing I wanted to focus on. I tend to do many things at once because I get “inspired”(or as my fiancĂ© would say distracted) by many different things, which is what happened this week! I am happy it did though; it was nice to be excited to have so many things to finish. I did little things that were really not productive, like enjoying a few tivo’d shows that I have missed for the past 3 weeks. I also read about 7 magazines that were also waiting till I had time to get to them. Then I did more productive things, write thank you notes for wedding gifts, clean my house because I get OCD about certain things. I finished up wedding plans, which I think was probably the least enjoyable (extremely stressful). But, I think the thing that I really spent most of my time working on though was my new obsession: Pinterest. First let me say I am getting married in 18 days in Ventura so this website has been a lifesaver with communicating with my family about the wedding. I have been able to show everyone exactly how I want things to look like through Pinterest. While I was obsessively scouring Pinterest for wedding inspirations I started to find interesting posts for cooking. There were lots of many recipes that I look forward to trying. This then led into craft ideas. I started a craft board that was general ideas I wanted to do. This board then got broken up (I still need to create a few more) into craft categories. I love to sew and is something that I am very proud to know how to do. It is something that I can share with my grandma. I have 3 older sisters, none of whom can even sew a button on. I love being able to sew and create things out of just fabric. I also love to crochet and knit (something else I share with my grandma). I found AMAZING ideas for both sewing and crocheting that I am hoping I can try this weekend! If I have time to make anything I will defiantly post it. I also like to make my own cards which I now have many ideas to do for Christmas, which makes me super happy! I also found amazing garden ideas to start now (many of them upcycled). There are also many projects for my house that I can’t wait to begin; sadly they will have to wait till my life is a little less hectic. Until I can do these projects I will be hitting up garage sales to find my treasures for these ideas! While pursuing Pinterest for projects I started to find ideas for my classroom! I was amazed about how many ideas were on this site for the classroom. So many of these ideas are simple and most of them use materials that are recycled or free! I am going to use a lot of the word ideas for my classroom. So not only did I cumulate my Pinterest site I ended up finding blogs from these Pinterest (some educational, although mostly are not!). I am so excited about the ideas I found. I also even pinned other ideas I found from the web and have been repined as well, so yay! Pinterest gave me great ideas but it also gave me entertainment while I was stuck in bed sick on Friday. 

5 comments:

  1. Ok, you've convinced me to give Pintrest a 2nd look! Congrats on your upcoming nuptuals. I'm amazed you're keeping such a cool head just days before the big event:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest is addicting. I love that when I signed on this week, my feed was filled with your pins. Now I want to make a wedding board even though I am nowhere near getting married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this was a lot of stuff! I'm glad you were able to start so many projects and get inspired for things that you would like to complete in the future. And yes, Pinterest is VERY helpful for weddings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so see you creating your own classroom "pintrest page" on the first day of school so that students can share pictures, ideas, or anything that explains a little about themselves. (Not on the internet of course, but I could see you simulate pintrest with construction paper for student).

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting!! I didn't know you were getting married so soon!!!! I have yet to really check out pinterest, but I've seen a few inspirations on a friend's blog that I follow! Looking forward to checking it out more when I have some time!!

    ReplyDelete