Monday, December 5, 2011

What I have learned!

So first of all sorry that I didn't make it to last night's class, I was very upset. I was looking forward to the tech panel and how teachers are using technology in the class. Unfortunately I have been battling the stomach flu since Friday (pretty sure I got something on Thursday, I spent the morning at a preschool and the rest of the day at different government offices changing my name). Anyways I decided to go to school last night with the motto that I was going to make it through both my classes. Halfway during my first class I realized that was not going to happen. I left at the break to go home and was decided to try and video chat to still get the info. Well while I was driving home I got carsick (while driving... how is that even possible?) and barely made it up into my house from my garage. I did think of everyone while I slept (or what my trying to sleep was) on my bathroom floor all last night. Yesterday I  was also in the middle of writing a blog about one of the tools that I have come to use when I got sick. I decided that I wanted to show everyone one of the tools that I have learned to use and love it, and it's not Pinterest. I decided to write about Prezi. I realized that I have come to love Prezi. I have come to use Prezi instead of actual power point. I realized how boring power point is when I had to make a power point for my action research article. I opened PP and realized that it is so blah. I also realized how much I hate boring power points. That would probably be while I don't listen to really boring looking PowerPoint's, probably why I never pay attention to my Tuesday class. I know judging a book by it's cover is bad but why make a dull presentation when it can be exciting? Prezi has become one of my new tools to use. It really appeals to my artistic side I can make the themes change and fit my needs. I can also make fun and interesting graphics. It is definitely a more exciting tool to use than PowerPoint. I also love because it appeals to my practical side. I tend to forget things (like flash drives) so I love that I can access my presentations from any computer! It is also awesome that it is free for teachers. If you haven't used it yet, I suggest that you do!

Here are the three Prezi's that I have made, feel free to look at them, not super exciting but I'm very happy with how they turned out.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting our Prezi. my colleague asked me about our research class and I was trying to explain what our prezi looked like. I was able to show him your page and was very impressed. YAY Research Methods class meets Learning and Technology Class.

    ReplyDelete